YMCAs Save $30,000 per Year with CHP Systems
Tecogen sold combined heat and power (CHP) systems to YMCA facilities in Meriden and Milford, Conn. The systems will supply 60 kW to each facility, while simultaneously providing hot water for building heating, domestic hot water and pool heating.
The Meriden YMCA project is supported through the Connecticut Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) program. The project was also assisted by the Connecticut Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority (CEFIA), which uses public resources to attract and deploy capital investment in clean energy projects.
By installing the Tecogen CHP system, an estimated savings of $35,000-$40,000/year will be realized by each facility. Both YMCAs are expected to have the CHP systems operational in time for the 2014 winter heating season.
These projects join other recent Tecogen CHP installations at YMCAs in Connecticut. Tecogen recently installed a 60 kW CHP system at the Soundview Family YMCA in Branford, a 75 kW CHP system at the Northern Middlesex YMCA in Middleton, and a 75 kW CHP system at the Greenwich YMCA.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?