YMCAs Save $30,000 per Year with CHP Systems
Tecogen sold combined heat and power (CHP) systems to YMCA facilities in Meriden and Milford, Conn. The systems will supply 60 kW to each facility, while simultaneously providing hot water for building heating, domestic hot water and pool heating.
The Meriden YMCA project is supported through the Connecticut Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) program. The project was also assisted by the Connecticut Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority (CEFIA), which uses public resources to attract and deploy capital investment in clean energy projects.
By installing the Tecogen CHP system, an estimated savings of $35,000-$40,000/year will be realized by each facility. Both YMCAs are expected to have the CHP systems operational in time for the 2014 winter heating season.
These projects join other recent Tecogen CHP installations at YMCAs in Connecticut. Tecogen recently installed a 60 kW CHP system at the Soundview Family YMCA in Branford, a 75 kW CHP system at the Northern Middlesex YMCA in Middleton, and a 75 kW CHP system at the Greenwich YMCA.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity