YMCAs Save $30,000 per Year with CHP Systems
Tecogen sold combined heat and power (CHP) systems to YMCA facilities in Meriden and Milford, Conn. The systems will supply 60 kW to each facility, while simultaneously providing hot water for building heating, domestic hot water and pool heating.
The Meriden YMCA project is supported through the Connecticut Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) program. The project was also assisted by the Connecticut Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority (CEFIA), which uses public resources to attract and deploy capital investment in clean energy projects.
By installing the Tecogen CHP system, an estimated savings of $35,000-$40,000/year will be realized by each facility. Both YMCAs are expected to have the CHP systems operational in time for the 2014 winter heating season.
These projects join other recent Tecogen CHP installations at YMCAs in Connecticut. Tecogen recently installed a 60 kW CHP system at the Soundview Family YMCA in Branford, a 75 kW CHP system at the Northern Middlesex YMCA in Middleton, and a 75 kW CHP system at the Greenwich YMCA.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement