YMCAs Save $30,000 per Year with CHP Systems
Tecogen sold combined heat and power (CHP) systems to YMCA facilities in Meriden and Milford, Conn. The systems will supply 60 kW to each facility, while simultaneously providing hot water for building heating, domestic hot water and pool heating.
The Meriden YMCA project is supported through the Connecticut Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) program. The project was also assisted by the Connecticut Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority (CEFIA), which uses public resources to attract and deploy capital investment in clean energy projects.
By installing the Tecogen CHP system, an estimated savings of $35,000-$40,000/year will be realized by each facility. Both YMCAs are expected to have the CHP systems operational in time for the 2014 winter heating season.
These projects join other recent Tecogen CHP installations at YMCAs in Connecticut. Tecogen recently installed a 60 kW CHP system at the Soundview Family YMCA in Branford, a 75 kW CHP system at the Northern Middlesex YMCA in Middleton, and a 75 kW CHP system at the Greenwich YMCA.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management