GE is expanding its family of Energy Star GeoSpring hybrid electric heat pump water heaters to include an 80-gallon unit that will exceed the US Department of Energy’s new energy efficiency standards for all electric water heaters larger than 55 gallons. The new mandate will take effect in April 2015.
The 80-gallon GeoSpring will clock in as the most efficient way to heat water and is designed for spaces over 3,000 square feet.
- Includes the same water and electrical connections as a standard electric water heater, making it easy to install.
- Boasts an energy factor of 2.9, exceeding US Department of Energy’s 2015 energy-efficiency standards.
- Provides the same amount of hot water as a traditional 80-gallon standard electric water heater.
- Operates in heap pump mode at an ambient temperature down to 35 degrees F.
- Allows consumers to adjust the temperature setting in one-degree increments from 100 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- An optional ducting kit part # GVK8HS provides flexibility of installation in confined spaces.