Data center infrastructure management (DCIM) provider Raritan says its intelligent energy management can reduce data center energy consumption by allowing a safe increase ambient temperatures. The company says its Data Center Manager can save up to 3 percent of energy costs for every degree of increase in the baseline temperature.
Additionally, shutdowns and startups of servers connected to any rack power distribution units (PDUs) enables energy saving by scheduling automatic power cycling of a device group when not needed.
Raritan’s energy management solution offers valuable insight to help organizations to find savings in the data center. It also designed in a way to help IT and facilities managers with the following benefits-
- Reduce capital expenditures and save on operating expenses
- Generate energy cost reports for customers
- Create a baseline and certify changes in energy and carbon footprint
- Easily identify active power, energy, cost and environmental trends
- Measure PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness) and drive green data center initiatives