Device Extends Battery Life up to 800%

BatterizerAccording to Batteroo, most devices only tap 20 percent of a battery’s energy before the device stops functioning, and the batteries are thrown in the trash. Batteroo’s Batteriser lets users tap into the remaining 80 percent of energy in a battery.

Batteriser is a reusable sleeve that slips over new and most used batteries. The sleeve is crafted from stainless-steel at less than .1 millimeters thin. It slips over the battery and fits back into the device. The sleeve makes contact with the positive and negative ends of a common battery to access untapped remaining energy at a steady state system voltage.

Batteriser will be available for AA, AAA, C, and D-cell batteries. Retail prices will start at under $10.00 for a four pack of Batteriser sleeves.

Batteroo Corporation was cofounded by Bob Roohparvar PhD, a professor at California State University, East Bay, teaching computer science and computer engineering courses.

Dr. Kiumars Parvin, Professor of Physics at San Jose State University said, “We tested the Batteriser sleeve in our lab and we confirmed that the Batteriser taps into the 80 percent of energy that is usually thrown away.”

The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
Sponsored By: Edison Energy

  
Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
Sponsored By: Enablon

  
The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
Sponsored By: Urjanet

  
The Hidden Costs of Air Compressor Operation
Sponsored By: FS-Elliott

  

One thought on “Device Extends Battery Life up to 800%

  1. In a separate article, Dr. Roohparvar suggests that this device will do for batteries what CFL did for light bulbs.

    He is absolutely correct.
    1) It is a re-package of existing technology.
    2) It makes wild claims.
    3) It will underperform for most users.

    As the cell voltage decreases, this device must necessarily draw proportionally higher currents from the battery. The battery source impedance will consume increasing percentages of the power delivered, which may be an issue for devices that already have a high current draw.

    There may be practical applications. The broad over-promises will certainly limit the success. If not throttled with a dose of reality, then these will soon be on ebay along side the cell phone signal boosters.

Leave a Comment

User Name :
Password :
 
If you've no account register here first time
User Name :
User Email :
Password :

Login Now