The Department of Energy named the 20 collegiate teams to compete in the 2015 Solar Decathlon and said the biennial competition will again be held at the Orange County Great Park in Irvine, Calif.
The Solar Decathlon was held on the National Mall in Washington, DC, five times until 2009. In 2013, the Orange County Great Park, located between Los Angeles and San Diego, hosted the event and was selected once again for 2015.
The 2015 teams are:
- California Polytechnic State University
- California State University, Sacramento
- Clemson University
- Crowder College and Drury University
- Lansing Community College and Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- New York City College of Technology
- Oregon Institute of Technology and Portland State University
- Stanford University
- State University of New York at Alfred College of Technology and Alfred University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- University of Florida, National University of Singapore, and Santa Fe College
- The University of Texas at Austin and Technische Universitaet Muenchen
- University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Irvine; Saddleback College; Chapman University; and Irvine Valley College
- Vanderbilt University and Middle Tennessee State University
- West Virginia University and University of Roma Tor Vergata
- Western New England University, Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá, and Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana
- Yale University
The 20 student teams include eight returning teams and 12 new teams.