Emerson Network Power introduced Liebert Custom Air Handling Units, designed specifically for data center applications. Comprised of the Liebert Direct Evaporative Free-Cooling Unit, Liebert Indirect Evaporative Free-Cooling Unit, Liebert Chilled Water Air Handler and Liebert DX Air Handler, the suite offers a high level of customization and flexibility from a single supplier.
The Liebert Custom Air Handling Units feature the Liebert iCOM control system, which provides efficiency optimization enabling the units to achieve annual mechanical PUEs well under 1.2, says Emerson.
Along with the four primary cooling technology options, data center managers can customize the solution in a number of additional ways, including:
- Unit capacity and physical dimensions
- Airflow path, entering and discharge locations
- Electronically commutated or direct drive fans with variable frequency drive arranged as single or fan array
- Trim or full secondary cooling options using chilled water or direct expansion
- Type and level of filtration
- Color, thickness, efficiency, rigidity and corrosion resistance of unit casing.