New Champion LX Series packaged units from Johnson Controls for light commercial and residential use earn a 14 Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating. The LX Series is the first product launched under the new Champion brand.
Champion LX Series packaged units feature:
- Single-cabinet design versus previous three-cabinet model
- Copper tube/aluminum fin condenser coils for high heat transfer rate and corrosion resistance
- Slide-out evaporator coil for easier cleaning
- Easier setup and operation with simplified control technology, including LED status lights to assist contractors
- Tubular stainless steel gas heat exchanger with a lifetime limited warranty as standard
- Stronger, easily removable base rails (use just two screws per corner) that improve installation
- Single-stage compressor and single-stage gas heat.
The 2- to 5-ton capacity units are currently available in cooling with gas heat configuration. Additional configurations, including cooling with electric heat, heat pumps with electric heat and heat pumps with gas heat, will be phased in over 2015.