The Texas County of Brownwood approved a $5.8 million contract with McKinstry to make energy efficiency improvements in county buildings, reports the Brownwood News.
The scope of the energy savings performance contract (ESPC) includes:
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) replacements at the Brown County Courthouse, Brown County Jail, Juvenile Justice Center and Agricultural Extension Office.
- Mechanical redesign of the courthouse with a server unit/IT room
- Lighting upgrades at the courthouse, juvenile justice center and extension office.
- Building envelope improvement (weatherproofing/insulation, particularly around windows) at the courthouse, jail, and extension office.
- Roofing, including an overlay of sheeting and coating of the main building and complete roof replacement on portable buildings at the juvenile justice center.
- Water conservation systems at the court house, jail, juvenile justice center and extension office which would include low flow toilets and aerators on showers and sinks.