A number of new retail suppliers have become licensed or offered new products in the past week. These include but are not limited to:
- District of Columbia – Agera Energy was licensed to operate as both a gas and energy supplier in the District of Columbia, serving all customer classes. See Agera website.
- Massachusetts – Think Energy, the retail electric arm of GDF Suez Energy Resources, announced that it is now service in Massachusetts. See details.
- Michigan – Provision Power & Gas, a newly formed subsidiary of Elevation Energy Group, received a license to operate as a retail gas provider in Michigan. See details.
- Pennsylvania – Noresco received an electricity-broker license to large commercial, industrial, and government customers. See Noresco website.
- Texas – Direct Energy is now offering its Comfort and Control Plan in Texas. The plan comes with a new Nest thermostat. See details.
- Texas – Pronto Power, an affiliate of Summer Energy, has begun offering prepaid energy service in Texas. See Pronto website.