Targeting US commercial office buildings, schools, hotels and hospitals, LG Electronics has introduced its newest Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) commercial air conditioning system, the Multi V IV.
The fourth generation in LG’s Multi V series uses VRF technology that delivers benefits over traditional ducted HVAC systems for improved energy efficiency by allowing occupants to choose whether to cool or heat only the zones in use. The LG Multi V IV builds on its predecessor, the Multi V III, as LG’s flagship commercial HVAC system in the United States.
The LG Multi V IV offers users a more compact footprint and is lighter in weight than other models currently on the market, and the new model also allows for a wider heating and cooling operating range than its competitors, says LG.
The LG Multi V IV delivers a number of key differentiators to architects, commercial contractors and building owners, including:
- AHRI 1230 Certification ensures building owners receive verified ratings that comply with national energy codes.
- Enhanced Energy Efficiency – New compressor design and optimized heat exchanger contribute to enhanced AHRI certified efficiency of up to 28.2 IEER.
- LG Inverter Scroll – A high side shell innovation offers a more compact size for the same capacity output with greater reliability in cold climates.
- Low Ambient Heating – Heating operating range down to -13F.
- HiPORTM – High Pressure Oil Return removes efficiency losses and Smart Oil return eliminates timed oil recovery cycles.
- Higher Elevation Piping Distances – Owners can reach extra zones further off the same VRF units with an enhanced reach of 131′ IDU to IDU. This eliminates the need to invest in extra systems and saves on installation.
- Compact and Lighter – More indoor zones, less outdoor space.