Since Exelon and Pepco Holdings completed their merger six months ago, the combined utilities have delivered millions of dollars’ worth of bill credits, reliability improvements, and other investments to their customers, the company reported on September 19.
“As promised, our customers are benefiting from more affordable, reliable and sustainable energy since we joined the Exelon family of companies,” said Pepco Holdings CEO Dave Velazquez, adding, “Together with Exelon, we are stronger, more innovative and better-resourced and we plan to continue that progress for our customers.”
The merger in late March brought together Exelon’s three electric and gas utilities — Baltimore Gas & Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), and PECO — and Pepco Holdings’ three electric and gas utilities — Atlantic City Electric, Delmarva Power and Pepco — to create the leading mid-Atlantic electric and gas utility company.
In total, the combined companies said they are delivering a package of direct benefits worth more than $440 million across the Pepco Holdings territories including Atlantic City Electric in New Jersey, Delmarva Power in Delaware and Maryland, and Pepco in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Specifically, the companies have:
- Delivered bill credits to residential customers across all the Pepco Holdings territories, amounting to more than $153 million;
- Committed $71.4 million to energy-efficiency program funding;
- Forgiven $2.3 million of residential customer debt;
- Committed $11 million to workforce development programs;
- Spent more than $91 million with local, diverse suppliers;
- Provided an improved online application for solar interconnection; and
- Donated more than $2.8 million to local nonprofits.
“Since Exelon and Pepco Holdings became one company, our focus has been on delivering our customer service, community and economic commitments,” said Exelon CEO Chris Crane “Working together, we are providing world-class service, reliability, environmental sustainability and philanthropic support to the customers and communities we serve.”
More information is available at www.PHItomorrow.com.