Power management company Eaton recently announced the North American launch of its high density rack power distribution unit (PDU) platform. Building on the power distribution capabilities of Eaton’s ePDU G3 technology, the high density rack PDU offers advanced configurability and serves as an solution for environments in which high power density is essential, such as multi-tenant and colocation data centers or large enterprise facilities.
Eaton’s high density rack PDU offers improved outlet counts and the addition of 11 color options for easy identification of A/B power feeds. Providing 11 different outlet module options, the high density rack PDU allows configuration for up to 54 outlets per PDU and unlocks more than 20,000 configurable options for users. Alternative phase outlets simplify load balancing and improve airflow by putting outlets where they are needed, reducing the potential for tripped breakers.
Additional benefits and features of the high density rack PDU include:
- Improved cord entry position, reducing interference in racks and potential hazards by configuring the input cord for front or end entry
- The ability to choose between selectable cable lengths and 21 input plug options, including IEC, NEMA, locking and hardwired
- Bus bar design to implement more outlets in less space and improve reliability
- Low profile circuit breakers, enabling full rack unit access and bolstering airflow management
- Patented grip outlet to secure standard power cords, plus integrated support for P-Lock locking plugs
- Improved circuit protection for high fault current applications with options for circuit breakers and fuse protection
Eaton’s high density rack PDU is currently available in a managed version, providing individual outlet switching and outlet metering.
We are currently accepting submissions for the 2019 Energy Manager Today Awards. Learn more and submit a project or product here.