This week, Schneider Electric announced the launch of EcoStruxure Building, an open innovation platform for buildings. According to the company, EcoStruxure Building’s open, end-to-end IP architecture enables quick connectivity of IoT devices for faster commissioning and changes and provides for edge control and collaboration between building systems and third-party systems and devices. Its apps, analytics and services layer enables advanced analysis and condition-based real-time decision-making.
EcoStruxure Building improves building value, offering building owners and real estate professionals up to a 15% premium on their buildings and up to 6% additional rental value, the company reports. In addition, for developers, systems integrators and members of Schneider Electric’s EcoXpert partner program, EcoStruxure Building is designed to enable up to 30% faster deployment through:
- Smart Connector framework for creating new system and app functionality
- Enterprise Central, which allows for 10x more scalability to easily execute site expansions
- Mobile commissioning, engineering efficiencies, and development applications for speed, repeatability and consistency
New elements of EcoStruxure Building include:
- EcoStruxure Building Advisor is a comprehensive service portfolio designed to improve occupant comfort and asset value while reducing operating costs. An integral part of EcoStruxure Building, EcoStruxure Building Advisor leverages expert field service engineers and remote data scientists to convert data into predictable, actionable insights, driving 33% fewer complaints from occupants, a 29% decrease in unscheduled maintenance and a 20% energy cost reduction on average.
- EcoStruxure Building Operations 2.0 is enhanced with best-in-class cybersecurity and delivers a customized native user experience through a responsive WebStation and mobile apps to engineer once, deploy-all-devices and provide mobile access on the go. An Enterprise Central supervisory server enhances monitoring and control capability from 200+ servers to 2500+ servers for large and multi-site enterprises. The open, standards-based platform using Smart Connector framework enables systems integrators to build innovative applications and offers actionable insights through simple to set-up reporting and dashboards. It also includes additional IP integrated offers for commercial buildings including:
- SmartX IP Controllers and SmartX Living Space Sensors are next generation multipurpose field controllers and sensors that leverage industry standards and IP-based open protocols for a 30% increase in engineering efficiency and 20% faster commissioning leveraging the eCommission mobile app.
Schneider Electric recently partnered with AEG and MGM Resorts International to implement EcoStruxure technology to provide energy distribution and management as well as advanced security measures for the T-Mobile Arena on the Las Vegas strip, resulting in 18% savings on power costs each year.
EcoStruxure Building is part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Architecture, an IoT-enabled, plug and play, open, interoperable, architecture and platform.