The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy’s fuel cell incubator program wants to identify fuel cell technologies not already addressed in its project portfolio. The agency will offer the funding opportunity: “Fuel Cell Technologies Incubator: Innovations in Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Fuels Technologies.”
Some anticipated specific areas of interest include:
- Platinum Group Metal (PGM)-free catalysts and membrane electrode assemblies
- Fuel cell-based electrochemical conversion devices for stationary energy storage
- Completely innovative hydrogen production and delivery technologies (including hoses, meters, compressors)
- Breakthrough, low-pressure hydrogen storage materials
- Hydrogen infrastructure: Manufacturing solutions for low-cost, standardized skid-mounted hydrogen fueling stations; and game-changing business models/financial approaches to address infrastructure costs.
EERE plans to issue the funding opportunity on or about March 31, 2014.